- Multivariate statistics
- Random matrix theory
- Functional data analysis
- Nonparametric function estimation
- Random dymnamical systems
- Spatial statistic
- Iain M. Johnstone and Debashis Paul (2018+) - PCA in high dimensions: an orientation. To appear in Proceedings of the IEEE.
- Jung Won Hyun, Prabir Burman and Debashis Paul (2018+) - Local linear estimation for spatial random processes with stochastic trend and stationary noise. To appear in Sankhya, Series B.
- Hao Yan, Owen Carmichael, Debashis Paul and Jie Peng (2018) - Estimating fiber orientation distribution from diffusion MRI with spherical needlets. Medical Image Analysis, Vol. 46, 57-72. [arXiv1612.07439]
- Minjie Fan, Debashis Paul, Thomas C.M. Lee and Tomoko Matsuo (2018) - A multi-resolution model for non-Gaussian random fields on a sphere with application to ionospheric electrostatic potentials. The Annals of Applied Statistics, Vol. 12, 459-489. [arXiv1710.00153]
- Siyuan Zhou, Debashis Paul and Jie Peng (2018) - Modeling subject-specific nonautonomous dynamics. Statistica Sinica, Vol. 28, 423-447.