- Methods to analyze change
- Intra-individual variability
- Techniques to model dyadic interactions associated with reasoning and reading achievement from childhood to adolescence
- How intra-individual dynamical information can be retained and used to explain inter-individual differences across a population
- Chow, S. M., Ferrer, E. & Hsieh, F. (2010). Statistical methods for modeling human dynamics: An interdisciplinary dialogue. New York, NY: Taylor and Francis.
- Ferrer, E., & Gonzales, J. E. (in press). Longitudinal models for studying multivariate change and dynamics. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism.
- Gonzales, J. E. , & Ferrer, E. (2014). An introduction to growth curve modeling. Encyclopedia of Adult and Aging.
- Steele, J., Ferrer, E., & Nesselroade, J. R. (2014). An idiographic approach to estimating models of dyadic interactions with differential equations. Psychometrika. 10.1007/s11336-013-9366-9.
- Helm, J., Sbarra, D. A., & Ferrer, E. (2014). Coregulation of respiratory sinus arrhythmia in adult romantic partners. Emotion, 14, 522-531.
- Ph.D., Quantitative Psychology, University of Virginia (2003)
- M.S., Social Psychology of Sports and Physical Activity, University of Oregon (1997)